Sunday, September 23, 2007

Give Jelly and You Shall Recieve Twofold maybe Threefold

Today Flopper and I wandered down to Minneapolis to escape Saint Closet for the afternoon and drop off some of last weeks jelly. One of the wonderful things about making things by hand is that there is no economic scale to it. You generally receive something in kind and it is an exchange of warmth as opposed to a means of making a living.

Peat Moss is always a dear and he and his partner Ben are both amazing. I came to give him two jars of jelly and a chutney and was given a canvas bag filled with goodies.
Two jars of pear chutney, a jar of pear butter, two jars of homemade yogurt (I'm excited to have the cultures), eggs from their backyard flock and most uniquely maple syrup mead from Ben's parents in upstate New York. I think I feel a new alcohol experiment in the works.

I also picked up a copy of "The Splendid Table" and am looking forward to trying a few recipes out.

~Eikon

2 comments:

Eric & Tony said...

Tony and I are planting a vege garden next year. I am looking forward to doing some preserving of my own.

I've never read "The Splendid Table" but I love Lynne Rossetto Kasper! I can't wait to see what you think of the recipes.
Eric

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Pear chutney? I'll be your slave for life...