Thursday, November 1, 2007

Friends Don't Let Friends Drink and Make Pysanky

I was really bored tonight and after getting some Sam Adams Winter Ale (they make my second favourite American lagers). I dug out my pysanky stuff and decided to make a simple egg.
Only by then I had had a few beers and lost track of what I was doing.
So thick lines...
Led to medium lines....Which in turn Led to Fine lines.

So two hours later I tossed my happy little brown organic egg into the dye.

I turned out ok considering my questionable hand eye coordination after a questionable number of drinks.
Bottom.
Back.
Front.

I do love making pysanky and really appreciate how the natural brown is accented by almost any color. I'll probably do a class in Minneapolis this spring for friends there on how to make them.


~Eikon

No comments: