Monday, November 19, 2007

Back from DC and the Mead is bottled

DC was lovely! I saw Fred, brushed up on my greek chanting, and ate at all my most beloved restaurants with my most beloved friends. DC is certainly high if not at the top of my list of places to work.

Flopper and I are getting each other cameras for Christmas and he got mine today so the quality of my pictures if not their artistry will be increased. Just in time to post the pictures of my finished mead.

As you might recall I made 5 gallons which siphoned and racked translates into 15 liters. Much to my sadness the 5 gallon stoneware crock that Dan bought me for an amazing 20 dollars has a crack so I will not be using it for pickling anymore. (Sad Face)
Seeing as these are meant as a gift I got the nicer bottles that can be reused. They were almost 30 dollars with tax but I'm sure Ben will put them to good use and a long life of alcoholic happiness.
Eli enjoyed liking up the mead that got on the floor from the crack in the crock. All in ll I'm rather satisfied with this batch the major cost of the project amounted to about fifty dollars and more than half of that was for the ale pail and bottles. The mead itself tastes like a sharp hard apple cider and I expect it will mellow a bit before too long.

~Eikon

2 comments:

RevolutionMe said...

Yeah booze.

dickie said...

I'd love to trade with you! =) I was going to e-mail you but I don't have your address.
Mine is: richard [dot] bernardo [at] gmail [dot] com

... did that makes sense? ^_^