Friday, September 5, 2008

For the Love of Books

Ok I nearly eviscerated two students first period today. They put their textbooks on the floor. Roughly; as in they dropped them because, "they are too heavy".

Now I love books. They are easily my most prozed possesions. I have schlepped them by the hundreds across country. It was actually gut wrenching to see the way my kids treat their textbooks. There is a decided and utter lack of reverence for any single object or classification of objects and I can't help but wonder whether this is due to the apparant lack of religion or even worse bastardized Pentacostalism of the few who are religous. It makes me reticent to bring any of my librrary in to the classroom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once sent a student to the office for doing that.