Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Latvian Mittens!

Something like six months later I finally finished the Latvian mittens. I love doing fair isle but most of my knitting takes place during odd moments when I don't actually have the ability to read a pattern. So these mittens took forever.
54 stitches across the front on #2 needles in Silky Wool ( 3 skeins with plenty left over.)
I lost a glove last week and so rushed to finish the last mitten.

The book called for knitting the pattern from and back but I don't think I have the patience for that. It also transfered the knit pattern onto the thumbs making them sort of invisible. I just did stripes.
I started a pair of socks tonight and have the Noro scarf and my next niece/nephew's baby blanket in the works. So there are sure to be more posts soon.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Great mittens!
Red and gray show up the stitch really will!

Another thing, check out my knitting blog too! See what you think!Comment me also!

Thanks!
Charles

Eric & Tony said...

Cute!