1 lb good white or pintoish beans soaked overnight and drained
3 carrots diced
1/2 large onion diced
2 celery stalk diced
1 head of garlic chopped
2 T salt
1 glass of red wine
2 schlocks of decent balsamic vinegar (6 year or up)
6 pieces of fatty bacon in 1" pieces
some olive oil
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fresh nutmeg
1 handful bouguet garni
2 T mustard seed
2 T coriander seed
1 T White pepper
1 handful dried basil
1/2 handful dried thyme
1/2 handful dried oregano
1. In a stovetop bean pot or dutch oven heat some olive oil and add bacon cookin til it is browning on the edges
2. add garlic and cook until it browns
3. add non herb spices, salt, carrots, onion, and celery cooking until the onions are clear.
4. add glass of wine and scrap anything that might be on the bottom of your pot
5. add beans and cover with room temperature water (about 1/2 an inch over the beans) then add herbs.
6. Add herbs and Balsamic vinegar.
7. Bring to a boil w/ lid on then reduce to a simmer and cook at lowest possible temperature for 4-5 hours.